Susan M. Cossette BCTMB Usui/Tibetan Karuna® Reiki Master Teacher
Experience the care & personal attention from Susan, your private practice Licensed Massage Therapist and Reiki Energetic Body Healing Practitioner.
Schedule Hours: Tuesday 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Cancellation Policy can be Viewed Here.
60 Minutes $75.00
90 Minutes $105.00
Reiki Energetic Body Healing
Reiki in person or distant healing offered. Reiki (pronounced Ray-Key) is a Japanese word meaning Universal Life Force Energy, the energy that is all around us. A method of natural healing that uses energy channeled through a practitioner's hands to restore health and a sense of well-being. Similar to massage only the client is fully clothed; the therapist will begin with the placement of hot basalt and and/or cool marble stones for thermal therapeutic energy. Chakra stones or crystals will be placed on the chakras for opening & balance. This energy accelerates and enhances all naturally occurring healing processes: it relaxes tense muscles, speeds digestion, stabilizes blood pressure and blood sugar, calms a racing pulse, stimulates the immune system, relieves pain, insomnia and depression. Be willing to let go and experience Divine Healing. Reiki assists in bringing life balance! Check out our class schedule for learning more about Reiki or become a Reiki Practitioner.
Reflexology Zones stimulate areas of the feet & hands that correspond to all the major organs, glands, body parts and chakras. foot reflexologyThis therapy reduces stress, improves circulation, helps cleanse body of toxins, revitalizes energy and brings the whole body into balance. With the use of basalt and/or marble stones, the client will be placed on a massage table comforted by hot stones while the feet & hands receive acupressure with a combination of the therapists thumbs, fingers & stones. This is an excellent therapy for those suffering with foot discomfort or an imbalance in any system of the body. It helps promote relaxation and increases circulation.
Northern Thai MassageThis is a fully clothed therapy performed on a floor mat. The receiver should wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes such as a cotton t-shirt and light cotton sweat pants or yoga pants. The practitioner uses her hands, arms, elbows, knees and feet to perform leaning pressure, reflexology acupressure working the energy lines (sen lines), Reiki energy work, assisted progressive stretching and some yoga postures. This is why Thai massage is often called "lazy person's yoga" as someone else puts them through various postures. This rhythmic and meditative therapy allows one to enter into a state of deep relaxation as well as allowing any imbalance of energy to flow through and out of the body. Most of the attention is focused on the legs. Other areas include feet, abdominal work, arms & hands, face, neck, shoulders and back. Benefits: Increased flexibility, increased energy flow & circulation, relaxing nerve constriction, lymph stimulation, improve structural balance and to facilitate the release of emotional pain or blocked energy. Please note: The receiver should stretch before the treatment, be fairly flexible and should have eaten just before the session. This therapy can be adjusted to 1 hour but it is recommended to experience the full body 90 minute therapy.
Fascia is a tough connective tissue which spreads throughout the body in a 3 dimensional web. Myofascial Release is a hands on technique, which provides sustained pressure into restrictions to eliminate pain, headaches & restore motion as well as posture. Using cross-hand techniques or stretches, light pressure slowly stretches out the elastic component of the fascia. Soft Tissue Mobilization breaks up cross-restrictions.
Cranial Sacral Therapy
This light touch manual therapy, which is no more than the weight of a nickel, addresses restrictions in the Cranial Sacral system (the membranes & fluid that surround and protect the brain & spinal cord). This system extends from the bones of the skull (cranium) down to the sacrum. The therapist monitors the rhythm of the cerebrospinal fluid as it flows through the system, evaluating and opening any restrictions. CST can benefit those with headaches, TMJ, insomnia, fatigue, anxiety, stress-related dysfunctions, head & neck trauma, poor digestion and sensory disorders.
Sounds of Healing TherapyBy using vibrational sounds from crystal or Tibetan singing bowls or other sound instruments techniques, healing can be achieved by restoring the normal vibratory frequency of the disharmonious or dis-eased part of the body. When a specific sound or vibration are applied to chakras of the body, the chakra will open and balance itself forming a clear channel of energy. This can be added to your therapy or you can experience a full "sound bath" therapy. Check out our class schedule for learning more in our Sounds of Healing Workshop.
Rainessence Aroma Therapy
Specific oils are applied first to the feet. They are then applied on the spine and back area in a fingertip sweeping motion from the base of the spine continuing up to the hairline while working with the central nervous system. These oils soften and nourish the skin as well as bringing about structural and electrical alignment. The re-energizing therapy works at bringing balance and harmony to all layers of the body: physical, etheric, astral, mental and causal (the human energy field). These techniques are believed to have originated in Tibet thousands of years ago and were used by the Lakota and Hopi Native American Tribes. This therapy combines the application of essential oils, hot stones, massage techniques, meridian energy connection techniques and Reiki energy work. Oils used in this technique: Grounding Energy Balancer (8 oil combination), Wild Oregano, Thyme, Basil, Cypress, Wintergreen or Birch, Peppermint, Marjoram, Purify (8 oil combination), Spiritual Peace (8 oil combination). The effects of the oils may continue to work in the body for 5 - 7 days. Check out our class schedule for learning more about essential oils.
Lymph Drainage Massage techniques will be performed on a massage therapy table. Very light touch is used working on the front side of the client focusing on feet, legs, stomach, arms, face and neck. This is beneficial to assist you with your lymphatic system, help your immune system, edema, and overall healthy function of your lymphatic system.
I care about your health and safety and have always worked in compliance with state, county and village health regulations for my profession with cleaning and disinfecting the room and all point of contact areas between each client. As we move forward living with variants of COVID19 virus,, I am required to take additional measures to make sure your visit for therapy to be as safe as possible. Extra measures will be required:
- I always schedule enough time between clients to clean, this time will need to be increased so schedule times may look a bit different
- If you arrive more than 5 minutes before your scheduled time, please remain in your vehicle until your designated appointment time. This allows me proper time to disinfect the room and common areas before your appointment and to avoid contact with another client
- Masks are optional at this time
- When entering, you will be asked to remove your shoes onto a tray that has a surface that can be easily disinfected between clients. I ask that you have on clean socks. If you do not have any or are wearing sandals you will be provided with clean and properly laundered sport sock booties to be worn to and from the therapy room
- I ask that you use hand sanitizer upon entering
- My hands are always properly washed and sanitized however I can wear gloves, protective eye wear and/or a mask if requested.
- All transactions will take place in the front sitting area or your therapy room such as asking health questions and desired results prior to your therapy, payment (unless done prior) and scheduling your next appointment (your next appointment can also be scheduled via text or email)
- You will not be allowed to bring in a guest to wait for you (they may wait in your vehicle).
- Please exit the building in a timely manner after your appointment. This will help keep the disinfecting of the room and building running smoothly. Any additional discussion regarding your appointment can be done via phone, text, Facetime or email when applicable
- If you need to use the restroom, I always have hand soap and paper towels. I am now required to have a foot pedal trash can with a lid. The restroom will also be disinfected between each client
- As always, all linens used with each client are removed from the room and proper disinfection laundering is practiced
- Blue UV Light Germacidal Air Purifier will be running in the therapy room. Many other air purification measures are used throughout my home office
- I am also offering Reiki Energetic Body Distant Healing for 30 minute or 1 hour sessions. The cost is the same as a regular session. A scheduled time will be set and we will connect via phone, text or Facetime before and after your session
We are all in this together as our new normal. Together we will work to keep each other safe and healthy. I'm willing to do the extra work and effort. I thank you in advance for your support and understanding